Ghosts of Lincoln

My new Ghosts of Lincoln book is out from Llewelyn next month; early copies arrived at my door the other day. It's up for pre-order at all of the usual sites, and I sometimes have copies available on tours.

Ghosts of Lincoln takes all the stories about Lincoln haunting the White House, predicting his own death, attending seances, etc and attempts to trace them back to their sources. I couldn't believe some of the stuff I found - I ran into earlier sources on his famous "Who's dead in the White House" dream" than have previously been examined, and found previously un-studied independent verification that he attended at least one seance in the White House (he thought the whole thing was a joke), and lots of new data on the story that he once rode on a flying piano (which I really want to believe is true).  I even found time to examine the provenance of tales about his grand plan to poop in Austen Gollaher's hat. .

Over the fall I'll be making several radio appearances talking about it, in addition to my usual fall schedule of ghost tours.  I'll also be doing a few new historical walking tours for Atlas Obscura - details coming soon.  And on August 20th, I'll be on a "Ghost Hunting" panel at WizardWorld in Chicago.

And for a hint of what's coming next, head on over the Derelict Theater.com ...  or 82ndStreetRules.com  ...

No comments:

Adam's New Book: Sept 2013