Miniature Updates

Big weekend ahead - Saturday is the LitFest at the Eisenhower Library in Harwood Heights, IL (a suburb bordered on three sides by the city). I'll be signing, chatting, and running a workshop on world building. The event runs 10-3 and is free for students (five bucks for adults). Also present will be James Kennedy,Daniel Kraus (who are in my gang, The Brothers Delacorte), Simone Elkeles, Stephanie Kuehnert, and others.

Sunday is the paranormal lit discussion between me and Carrie Ryan (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, The Dead-Tossed Waves) at 57th Street Books, 1301 E. 57th street in Chicago. 4pm, free!

Meanwhile, I wrote another music essay: Hold Steady and Gaslight Anthem: Two Gangs Fighting in the Same Springsteen Song.

Most Tuesday nights I participate in the "kidlitchat" on Twitter. Last night's was an especially interesting talk about swearing and word choice. The transcript is a great read (viewer discretion advised): Part One, Part Two.

AND, I can't say anything officially yet, but either I or someone on the Smart Aleck Staff may or may not have a new YA book (long known as "the top secret YA project" around the Smart Aleck Headquarters) to announce shortly :)

And speaking of Smart Aleck's Guide, someone turned in one of their assignments that's worth sharing: A Diorama Based on the WW2 Song "Blood on the Risers!"

1 comment:

Greg Pincus said...

You linked to the kidlitchat transcripts? Beast!

That was a good chat, indeed. And I look forward to Smart Aleck top secret news....

Adam's New Book: Sept 2013